Part II of II Part Series –
Social, Emotional, and Educational Benefits of Outdoor Play & Owning a Rainbow Play Systems Play Set
The physical benefits of having your very own backyard swing set are are highlighted in Part I of this II Part Series – Physical Health Benefits of Owning a Rainbow Play Systems Swing Set. Kids can run, jump and swing to their hearts content, and we know it’s good for them. But there are also positives to owning Rainbow swing sets that go beyond the physical aspect. Kids need to exercise their minds as well as their bodies to continue developing the necessary skills needed throughout life. These different skills can impact their social, emotional, & even educational aspects of their lives.
Below are some of the other benefits that kids can experience while playing on their Rainbow Play System.
- Kids are more stressed than ever, and just like the rest of us, they need an outlet to help relieve that stress. Regular physical activity reduces stress and anxiety, which can often lead to better self-esteem and a better mood in general.
- Essential social skills like sharing, taking turns, and resolving arguments are learned through play. Kids can learn how to take turns using the swings or going down the slide one at a time, and sharing the different toys in the sandbox.
- Playing with other kids is how they learn the proper boundaries in various social settings. If you have a more energetic little one, he can learn boundaries and acceptable behaviors, while the more introverted child can get the necessary practice interacting with other kids in different situations.
- Learning through cooperative play can be done in the backyard as well. Pushing one another on the swings or building a castle in the sandbox will show them what can be accomplished when you help others.
- Let their imaginations run wild by providing them with their own creative space, by adding our Dream Theatre panels to a Clubhouse, which will give them the perfect setting to act out their favorite fairy tale or create their own special characters to play make-believe.
- You can play a game of tic-tac-toe with your little one on our Tic-Tac-Toe Rail Panel. Simple games like this develop logical thinking, teaches strategy and how to apply it, increases their concentration level, and can even teach good sportsmanship.
- Studies have shown that active children are better able to focus, and in turn are more likely to do better in school, especially in the core subjects of English, Math and Science.
Help your kids improve their social and emotional well-being and give them that special backyard spot that they can call their own, and make it a Rainbow! Contact your local showroom today!